How is managed a primitive (pypot) in time?

If you talk about the fact that the dictionary of timestamp is not ordered, you can make a pull request, it’s not a big change !

I’m not sure to understand, if you want to add a name to each positions, you would like to record each position by hand, one by one ?

I’m totally in favor to add an high level processing toolbox on the MovePlayer (or maybe with another name, separated for the player). I would be also useful to add a cleaner to detect and delete begins and end of file when the robot is not moving.

If you are interested in position recording, I suggest you to look at FIRE, the software made by @Thot for the choregraphy of School of the moon spectacle (and more) ; there is lot of good ideas to take.

If find that recording positions one by one (like keyframes in animation) are painful and not very intuitive vs recording trajectories ; but it is more easy to edit. A middle way could be to automatically create keypoints with a dynamic frequency to follow a trajectory ; but it could be heavy for CPU.

To recap, I’m in favor to allow more control in the way that move are recorded and play, and making them more generic.