DISCLAIMER: This tutorial is only intended to show how we manage to make everything needed to control Poppy works on Windows 8. As we are not Windows developers there may be (hopefully) better way of doing so. Do not hesitate to comment and complete this doc (by clicking on the Wiki pen icon on the left of this Wiki post)!
- install anaconda it will install python, numpy, scipy, matplotlib, pip, python, and PyQt4 for you
- for the other dependencies see the manual installation below
Manually Install Python
- python 2.7: we recommend to use the 32bits version as it’s harder to find precompiled windows package for the 64 bits version. We only tried python 2.7 on windows, yet version 3 or later should also work. You may have to restart your computer for python to be in the path
- numpy: we use the precompiled package
- scipy :same method
- matplotlib: same method
- pip: we use get-pip.py. Then we add C:\Python27\Scripts to the PATH environment variable and… you have to restart your computer…
ipython: Open windows comand prompt and enter
pip install ipython
- opencv: we copy the cv2.pyd file to a folder presents in the PYTHONPATH.
- PyQt4: using the .exe
Install pypot/poppy-humanoid using pip:
pip install pypot pip install poppy-humanoid