Poppy project at La cité des sciences et de l'industrie

Hop here is the connection instruction for the hip:

And an other one with a general view of the connections:

I saw you are close to the end:

On n'y est presque ! #poppy Dernière ligne droite ! @poppy_project @citedessciences @Zone3Villette pic.twitter.com/73USUNBKFb

— robotprojectzone3 (@robotzone3) March 23, 2014

Can you post some HD pictures for me to control if everything is fine before you plug the robot ?

this is quite the end…

poppy is finished!!
We are now hopping that it is well built… :slight_smile:

From these picture, I only see one problem on the arms:

You can compare with the 3D view of the upper_limb.SLDASM. Yet it will not cause problem to make the robot move, so you can postpone this correction.

Maybe you will have issues with the zero position of the shoulder motors. The right one seems Ok but I cannot see well the left one.

Some news about poppy at La cité des sciences et de l’industrie :
In April the 9th, Poppy took part to the opening ceremony of the exhibition “Art robotique” in la cité des sciences.

Poppy team was proud to prensent it to visitors, who shew great interest.

Since 3 weeks, Poppy took part to the science show “L’ère des Robots” ( http://www.cite-sciences.fr/fr/au-programme/expos-temporaires/art-robotique/autour-de-lexposition/animations/ ).

For the moment, one of knee motors of poppy is dead, so Poppy can just move higher part of his body. But it will be soon repaired!

1 Like

Some results of Poppy week end at La cité des sciences : 21 participants (aged from 23 to 46) with various backgrounds (informatics, lectronics, physics, sociology, mecanics, architecture) had come to build Poppy, developing python use of Poppy, thinking about use of Poppy.

Near to 100 visitors came to visit the workshop, and we explained them Poppy history and workshop goal.

One idea that came from poppy week end from two young students : 3D printing of an ankle that could give some articulated movement to Poppy’s feet.

Participants were very pleased of having participated of Poppy birth, and many of them want to come again to go on working on Poppy project!