Present_position is frozen

I have an issue which is very strange.
Sometimes, after a time which is random, It happens the present_position of a motor is frozen to a fixed value.
But when I give a different goal_position, the servo goes to this position. It is just the present_position which is frozen.
What is strange is that if I kill the process which controls the robot and restart it, all is OK.
This incident occurs too frequently. I try to find solutions to detect this failure and restart automatically the robot loop.
During the show, I try to be independant from the present_position but it is difficult when I use the robot in training session.

Have you ever seen this kind of failure ?

I tested the same program of Windows, and I had the same issue.
I hesitate if it is a bug in the motor, in the software controller or in the USB2AX.

We have never experienced this kind of behaviour. That’s actually really odd.

The goal_position and present_position are synchronised in the same loop so if you can still control it it means it is still running.

Does it happen on all motor or one specifically? Do you have this problem when you running a particular program?

When this happens can you try to retrieve other values. The present_speed (as it retrieves at the same time than the present_position) and the present_temperature (retrieved in another sync loop) would be great!

Ok, I think I solved this failure :
There was a false contact (hidden in the pelvis) and the population of servomotors was varying along the simulation.
Now the false contacts are solved, all is ok :smile:

False contact and robotic motor… that’s just impossible to debug :smile:

Glad you solved your problem though !

This topic was automatically closed after 24 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.