Since the begening of the week, I am working on a prospective new logo for the Poppy Ergo Starter. I would like to share it with you to recieve some constructive comments or new ideas you can have.
First of all, I is interesting to show you the fisrt ideas I have had, so you can easier understand my reasoning.
So this proposal was the first:
I have decided to reuse the shape of the “head” (this kind of cup) and the “arms”. Then we got 2 sketches (n°2 and n°5) we can “improve” to the right and to the left by adding some details or modifications.
But, this is not really in agreement with the Poppy graphical charter that is more geometric.
However I have tried to use it with the Poppoy Education logo, just to see how it can look:
You can also see some hypothesis I made about the typography (It would be better to use “Sofia Pro”, but I do not have it on my PC). I have though about how we can replace the “O”.
If we combine manual typography with the “sketch version cup”, we got this:
I have also tried a flat design version of the cup:
Finally nothing really suitable.
But all of this was before Matthieu told me that Poppy got a new beauty.
Like I said, the Poppy new logo is more geometric so the “sketch version” can’t match.
See it yourself:
(The first at the top left takes the shape of the arms with the cup). By the way, here are some hypothesis taking the shape of the cup, and adapted to the hexagonal shape of the logo.
After that I have decided to think about a minimalist version of the logo.
I have drawn the cup like if he was isometric, so we got that :
And then we can imagine many possibilities of color associations:
We can mix it with the “P” of “Poppy”, or use the contour to make a new “P”:
Or make something more minimalist, like “wired”:
Exploring this wired hypothesis, we got this logo added to the Poppy Education original logo (a grey version, and a green version):
Personally I think we have something really cool, because the cup is isometric as the cube and it is not disturbing. Moreover I found the association between the minimalism and the “wired” style really nice.
I would be glad to read your opinion about what I could change, or improve!
Just as a “teaser”, I just post this one to show you the new way I’m working on. It is based on the arms shape, more precisely the extremity (with the screws). The juncture of the two arms allows me to get a pretty cool icon we can choose to incline as we want!
The last one at the bottom right get the extremity of the drilling made by the lasercut.
So, I thank the more courageous of you who read this loooong topic until the end.
I would really like to have a return from you guys, to know how we can work on it, or if you are agree with my reasoning.
Have a good evening!