STL file for Poppy head with Raspberry Pi 3?

Hi,
I didn’t find anything in the Poppy Forum about “STL file for Poppy head with Raspberry Pi 3” : is there any chance to find a STL file for a Poppy head designed for a Rapsberry Pi 3 card ?

Hi !
@Matthieu did a rpi3 version of the head some months ago. Only the Solidworks files are available on the GitHub repository of the head, in a dedicated branch.
The work on the Raspberry Pi + Hipi head version didn’t make progress during the last 6 months, but we are currently working with Generation Robot to publish officialy a new version of the head.

Hi!
Is there a 3D print file for the Poppy robot head Raspberry Pi version yet?

1 Like

The STL files of the head for RasPi3 are now online in release v2.0
You can drop all head files from the Torso/Humanoid release and use these ones instead.

In this version the USB & Ethernet connectors face outside:

cc @LeeRobots

Fantastic! Thank you :blush:

Hi,

can these RasPi3 head files can be used with RasPi4 too without any change?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Hi @Stulli The Pi4 has swapped the USB ports with the Ethernet port, so it would not fit as is.

However you may edit the STL file Raspi3 - head_back.STL in order to crop a bigger area that will not prevent the Pi4 ports from fitting (in orange hereunder).

You can probably edit the STL file directly with a mesh editor, since there is just an extrusion to do. If you do so and if it fits well the Pi 4, please share the final STL here :slight_smile:

Hi Yoan,

thank you for the information.

However, I’d like to change the head of Poppy even more in order to include another screen (because Manga Screen isn’t available anymore).

I’ve tried editing the SolidWorks files from the latest release v2.0 on GitHub, but somehow the part files within the .zip seem to be broken and thus cannot be opened with SolidWorks.

Could you please check and provide the SolidWorks files?

Thank you for your kind support :slight_smile:

Hi @Stulli,

All Solidworks files of the Head for Raspberrry Pi 3 are there. If the files appear broken, it could be because you didn’t clone the repository with git-lfs, did you?

I’ve see your other post about the screen. I know that @JeanLuc is working on a head version embedding a more recent screen. It’s WIP and unstable, but that might help?