Li-Ion batteries from Tyva energie

I have come into contact with a french company called Tyva energie to have more information about their batterie solutions. They don’t have revolutionary products but theirs Li-Ion cellules have a good ratio energy/weight.

The cost is about 10-12€/cellule so 40-50€ for a 14.4V pack with the connector we want.

They will be at Innorobo and suggest to visit their stand with Poppy to discuss about batterie integration.

14.4V? If it continu it would be useless to use a switch mode power supply…
And Why do not take a 3.7V cell? with 4S the voltage will be 14.8V and this is better for alimentation ( better energy efficiency)
And can we talk with us because i see ** discharge current = 10A** so can we have pick to 12A ( ODROID to 2A and an excessive torque on motor that need 10A)?

First, I’m just sharing information I got … not saying these batteries will be integrated in Poppy …

And for the wired power supply ?

You can call them to this number: 04 26 30 80 79

But if the current goes above 8 or 9A, I would prefer to cut the power supply. There is no justification to use so much power for Poppy except if you want to produce destructive mouvements.

I can produce the SMPS ( switch mode power supply) for cutting current on motor at 8A if you think it would be better.

So if there are in InnoRobot, i think it would be better to discuss directly with us :slight_smile:

This is a very interesting topic! I also want to explore the possibility of adding a battery and wifi/bluetouth communication module to make Poppy wireless! are there any developments in that direction with the new version 1.0?
Also could you give me an estimate of Poppy’s energy consumption in some ordinary tasks? Current draw and voltage…etc.
I am trying to get an idea of the weight cost in adding a battery that could give Poppy some autonomy, even 10 or 15 minutes!

The wifi is on the road but not the batteries, we only explored this solution:

For the energy consumption, Poppy runs at 12V with most of the time 2-3A, but it can sometimes reach 7A for a very short period of time to achieve a difficult move.

Ah sounds good, and the autonomy is also okay, but i’m aiming for a battery on board, and more than 1 hour is not necessary.
Thinking proportionally, If this one weights 270 grams then a battery than can last 30 mins would weight about 130 grams more or less I suppose. Do you think its possible to add that weight to Poppy without having to do major changes in its design? or maybe by compensating by removing some other parts?